Monday, May 11, 2009

Playradioplay! (and other spiffy stuff)

So, since I have nothing more exciting to say, I thought I would let you all know that I am in love with the band PlayRadioPlay! Even if the lead singer looks like he's on drugs, occasionally sounds like he's on drugs, and I don't even know that many of their songs.

But anyone who can write these lyrics: "I am a pirate; you are a princess; we could sail the seven seas..." is clearly amazing. <3 <3 <3 This is pretty much the song of my life. Sort of. How I pretend my life is. But you can sort of surmise that the whole song is about rejecting growing up, which is also something I'm quite fond of, as was duly noted in my previous post.

{Random aside} I was also considering writing a story about this song. More or less, it would be about a country, and their princess has run off with a crew of pirates, and they're sort of sighing about the dreadful occurrence, but their view of it is more or less, "Well, I suppose there's nothing we can do." But then, the king brings in a bunch of bounty hunters and tells them there will be a large reward for bringing her back, and this one guy teams up with this other girl, because she has knowledge of some other treasure they could get along the way but needs him for something or other, so they go, and run into the Stories which are people who are sort of whole worlds on their own. Which makes very little sense, but as an example, they go to this tower with a Rapunzelish girl and there's hair everywhere, following out the window and such, but inside it's a lot bigger than the outside, and it's a whole different world where she's waiting for someone to wake her up, but if she were killed or something from someone from the real world, it would just be a dead girl in a tower and not the entire other kingdom. Aanyway...just a random idea that I probably won't ever write...I really didn't realize it was so involved...hmm...

I'm also somewhat fond of the song "Madi Don't Leave." Without a comma where it should be. Ordinarily, that sort of error would drive me insane, but it doesn't bother me when it's artistically done. Like, ooh, E.E. Cummings! You look at his poems and wonder where in the world grammar and punctuation went, but it's AMAZING. Very...emotional. Although some of his poems are sort of raunchy. I only recently realized that poems even had the capability of being raunchy, but apparently they do. I find it very odd. But I'm most fond of "i carry your heart with me" and "in a middle of a room." The latter is highly depressing, but it's still beautiful, and it makes so much sense! Like, I feel like it has the same sort of themes behind it as a story I wrote once, called um...now I don't remember what it's called. How sad is that? The one with Adelaide on the island who wasn't Real. I was never very satisfied with the title, I think.

Anyway, after the long ramble...I feel like the lack of a comma here is artistically done as well, even if not on purpose. Oh and this other song, I don't even know how it goes, but it's called "Some Crap About the Furniture" even though it has nothing to do with furniture. Some people might call it strange, but I think it's brilliant. Not sure why. Perhaps I read too much into these things.

I suppose that's all I have to say for the moment. Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment