Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fiction & My Life (in Technicolor)

Challenge: write a diary of a character for a week

The Life and Times of Alexander Alexander

Day 1 (That is, not the first day of my life, but the first day of my new and much improved life of adventure and excitement as an adventurer)
Today I abruptly quit my job as a blacksmith. After all, who really wants to be a blacksmith? Not I! I have packed up my things, and I am leaving this place. I plan to go into the forest and seek my fortune.

Day 2
Still seeking my fortune. In the forest now. It's quite nice. I've always felt a sort of connection with the forest. I can feel it, deep within me. Trees and life coursing through my veins. Sounds painful. It's really not, though.

Day 3
The forest consumes me. I enjoy it in the utmost.

Day 4
Still traveling. Has been jolly good weather for this sort of thing. Sunny, warm. I caught some fish in a stream and cooked them over a fire for supper. This is the life.

Day 5
I've met the most intriguing acquaintance! Virth Gideon is his name, and he seems very intense. In a silent, staring sort of way. He was sleeping in a pile of leaves when I tripped over him and woke him up. He seemed rather disgruntled, but it seems that I'm the first person he's seen in quite a long while. I think we shall get along quite swell.

Day 6
Virth has informed me now of the unfortunate circumstances of his life. Quite unfortunate they are, too. He has lost his love, his life, and his reason for living. Quite an involved tale, but apparently the monarchy is actually asleep and taken over by beings out of a magical simulation he went through and failed, which made these new beings called the Ageless come into life out of nothing and take over the world. So apparently he's waiting for a hundred years to pass so he can kiss some sleeping, presumed dead princess and break the curse. A most intriguing tale. I've decided I might as well stick with him and see this all through to the end. It ought to be exciting, at any rate. Perhaps this is what my true fortune is.

Day 7
We found the most lovely place to build a sort of lodge, in which we will head off this rebellion against the evil Ageless. I can just feel the change in the air. Very refreshing. And so, I say: Down with the Ageless! Anarchy! Rebellion! I've never felt like such a rebel. Most peculiar. Rather exhilarating.

In other news, my doctor may have given me an ear infection. He poked my ear with something sharp, and it bled a bunch, and now I'm in paaaiiiin. And my mum, being the nurse that she is, looked in it and said it looked "strange." So if I die before next week...I love you all! :D

And even more news, I am going to my cabin on Wednesday! Woot! Woot! And we all know what that means...Lake! Boats! Fishes! Swimming! Wakeboarding! Doing 360s? Maybe not yet...and of course, general town life. Not that I'm living there, but...bakery. Candy store. <3 Maybe eventually I will post the story of glass windows, a silent communication, cut short by summer's end, and tragic facebook stalking. Hahaha. Or, we could just let that drop...being awkward as it is...

And after I go to my cabin, I'm going to a Young Writers' Studio! Which should be rather epic. I'm only a little concerned that my teacher might be a bit odd, because he assigned us this rather odd book to read, "If on a winter's night a traveler." It is...kind of...odd. It's very modern in style, I suppose. I'll let you know in more detail what I think when I finish.

And I also chopped off my hair. Not totally sure how I feel about that yet. Will have to wait for a few days, do some various styling, see how it looks.

2 comments:

  1. I like this challenge. May I steal it? I must say I was completely thrilled to see A.A and Virth show up. Huzzah for them!

    Oo, have fun at your cabin. You must make report on the candy store. ;-)

    And, if I don't hear from you again, have a blast at the Young Writer's Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may definitely steal it. A.A. and Virth are fairly awesome, I agree. Ehe, and I will let you in on the candy store, for sure.

    ReplyDelete