Monday, August 3, 2009

Virth & Aida have an epiphany...

From my story, Hearts of the Innocent. This is the product of meeting scenes gone horribly wrong. It was getting progressively worse, so then I decided to copy and paste the part that I wrote for my teaser trailer, and then it...went a little bit crazy from there. Crack!fic.

The lodge was crowded, thick with voices straining to be heard over everyone else. She was growing tired of listening, of hearing arguing, of ideas that were going nowhere.

"We need a plan," Alexander's voice rose above the rest.

"I think we have one," said the stranger, the dark eyed man she'd seen arrive earlier. His voice was smooth and polished, but something about him seemed off putting. "We go to the princess's courtyard, open the tombs, and wake her. It's simple."

Virth's face was set in stone as his voice droned in a warning. "Nothing is simple with the Ageless. They'll know we're there. They can trace me as soon as I'm out of this forest." He glanced sideways at her and she saw him breathe. "And they can trace Aida too."

"What?"

"You mean she was actually...cut?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I didn't think it would matter. They won't come here, but anywhere else...THEY HAVE REMNANTS OF YOU! THEY WILL FIND YOU AND KILL YOU! Me too, though, so it's okay. We can die together."

"Virth, I really don't want to die, with or without you."

"What, you're not happy to die for the cause of innocence and compassion and all that?"

Everyone was shocked and appalled and waited to hear her answer.

"Well...no."

"Me neither!"

She smiled wanly. "So...are we kicked out of this little group?"

Virth looked at the head of the table. "Alexander?"

Alexander shuffled his feet. "Well, I hate to say it, but...I think so. Sorry, guys. Love you."

Virth stood up. "It's alright. We can see the world together and live! Aida, will you go with me to the end of the earth, or just...you know...somewhere where we can live a nice, quiet life to the end of our days."

She stood up as well. "Of course, Virth. You know I love you. As long as I don't have to die for you or anything."

"Excellent. Take my hand."

She took his hand and they walked out of the lodge together, to start their new lives on a new continent called...North America, where they met a young girl named Pocahontas. She had an innocent heart too. Unfortunately, it was corrupted by John Smith. John Smith and Virth got along really well.

fin. I know, it's...um...insane? Haha. But I think it helped me unwind my feelings of frustration toward the meeting scene in general by having them hang the whole thing. Now perhaps I will be able to write it better without losing my mind.

1 comment: